Student Ministry (JR/SR High Students)
Things to Know:
- Cultiv8youth: Student Ministry is a safe place for 7th-12th grade students to get to know who they are and whose they are. It is a place that all are welcome and grace is shared. Preparing the minds and hearts of students for growing in Christ is the mission of Cultivate Youth Ministries.
- Teen Team: This year I am looking forward to forming a Teen Team; they will need to be upper classman that are active in our ministry, active in our church, and a positive roll model for their peers. They will be asked to aid in the planning and promoting of youth activities. I would like for them to commit to the team for one year with the chance of a second year but know more. The Teen Team will meet bi-monthly unless deemed necessary due to advanced planning. The team my be comprised of 3-5 individuals. First Team Meeting will be Sept. 8th?
- Adopt-a-Student; Going forward this will be a special opportunity for incoming Freshman or new high school students and will be done yearly. Students that are interested need to complete a form and upon promotion will be “adopted” by a loving family!!! The idea is to create some mentoring opportunities and some relationships with caring christian adults.
- ciy Believe is for Jr. High Students and is a weekend trip to Springfield where we typically sleep at a church the cost will be around $70 and is April 1-2, 2016
- ciy Move is for ingoing 9th graders to graduated seniors. This year we have several date/location options. We stay on campus with all expenses covered including room and food. This is a more expensive trip approx. $380 so we will do some fundraising to help with the cost for all who want to go.